Saturday, February 07, 2004

In good I in the line of the illusion.

Lost in Translation
This is like playing games with AltaVista's Babelfish, but faster.
You type in some words, preferably a coherent phrase, and it translates them into French, then back to English, then to German, then back to English, and so on with Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.

I tried: Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly.
After French: Inherit my living room, said the spider to the fly.
After German: If you take over my living area, the spider said to the fly.
After Italian: If you assume the direction of my living zone, the spider has said to Moscow.
After Portuguese: If you to assume the direction of my alive zone, the spider said the Moscow.
After Spanish: If you stop to assume the direction of my alive zone, the spider said Moscow.
It gets even weirder if you include Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

No comments: