Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Je suis Nono, le petit robot...

We've been singing little snippets of the Ulysse 31 theme song in Vacuum Energy HQ for several months now (mostly just the first couple bars: "Uuuuu-lysse, Uuu-lyyyyyysse!"), and I finally decided to dig up the mp3 again. It's got the makings of a classic, even in French. (Especially in French.)

Credits:
MP3: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/simonin/Ulysse31/ (I think the little pop-up says something about two downloads per person per day.)
Lyrics (en français): http://www.topkool.com/comicsbdmangas/oav-ulysse31.htm (Scroll toward the bottom.)
Intro video (in English): http://www.sfxb.co.uk/animated/ulysses31.html (A bit of nostalgia for those of you who remember watching it as kids; I think I'd just turned one year old.)

Incidentally, while I was double-checking my French on Babel Fish just a moment ago, I discovered that it leaves instances of "c'est" untranslated, from the French to English. While not a major inconvenience for myself, I find it a bit diappointing, since "c'est" (roughly translated: "this is") is used frequently in the French language, and easy enough to translate.


Late Night with Conan O'Brien recently aired a segment on Stargate. Recently, as in last Thursday. I watched Conan Wednesday night, and Friday night, but for some reason I decided I had something better to do Thursday night.
But no worries: it airs again on NBC this Friday at 4am. I've set my alarm (on my cell phone) to wake up at 3:50am. Watch me, I'm so gonna do it.

No comments: