Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It worked!

A couple of months ago I changed the way my name displays on this blog. Before then, I was simply "Em." But I got tired of being so far down on Google searches for "Emily Watkins" (I mean any reference to me, not just to this blog), so I changed it.

And I'm proud to report that this blog is currently listed at No. 4 in a Google search for "Emily Watkins."

For a long time some viola-playing girl has had the No. 1 spot, though it appears she hasn't touched the site since 2001—a combination I find unconscionable. The next site down refers to an Emily Watkins who's been dead for almost 100 years (my name returns a lot of genealogy-type sites, especially when you stick my middle name in there). Third one down right now refers to a high school softball player; this page is pretty current, so I don't mind it. Every Emily Watkins deserves her day in the sun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the irony is, that after months of not reading your blog, today i did a google search for "emily s watkins", rather than "emily watkins." but i'm glad i once again found your page, even if after some work on my behalf. syracuse is hot. i'm teaching summer school at lemoyne. hope you are well. peace, jjs

Emily K said...

Hey, cool: your search returns four sites, and three of them are me. One of those is that paper that Andri had me read back in the summer of 2001.

Kallese said...

don't sit under the google tree, with anyone else but me, with anyone else but me, with anyone else with me...

Emily K said...

Huh?