Wednesday, April 25, 2007

This Is My Four-Leaf Clover

Augh! I've completely missed the month of April! My archives will be incomplete! Quick, what's something I was thinking about blogging in April but didn't?

Ah, here we go:

If you click on the photo, you can see that I actually took this photo on April 24th. Good enough for me! Change post date, doot do-doo, and done.

While running laps with the track and field team after school, I passed a couple of girls who were supposed to be practicing baton-passing. Instead they were crouched on the ground over one of the early patches of clover poking through the dirt track. I was about to tease them for goofing off, when they saw me and called me over. Between the two of them, they'd found three four-leaf clovers. All kidding forgot, I joined them and in less than thirty seconds found an almost four-leaf clover: it had four stems, but two of the leaves hadn't properly separated. Another two minutes of searching produced the clover above, and I ran to my jacket to hide my new prize. In the time it took me to run another lap and return to where the girls were still searching, they'd found two more. That patch was the motherlode!

No comments: