Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sister-in-Law

There have been a number of changes in my life in recent months, and chief among them is my ascendancy to in-lawhood. My brother got married April 12th in a beautiful wedding in Dover, Delaware. His beloved, Kim, had asked me to be one of her bridesmaids, so I got myself all gussied up (even painted my face) and crammed my feet into pretty little three-inch heels and watched my brother become a husband. Talk about a head trip. But she seems to love him, despite his being my younger brother, and I know he adores her, so I wish them all the best.

I got myself a seat in the limo between the church and the reception hall with Chris and Kim and a few other members of the wedding party, including the flower girl and ring bearer, both four years old. For Aubrey, being a flower girl is a position she wears easily, but Devon took some convincing. The two of them became fast friends at the rehearsal the night before, and continued to entertain each other all the way to the reception hall.

Aubrey: Knock knock.
Devon: Who's there?
Aubrey: Car.
Devon: Car who?
Aubrey: Car... BANANA!
Both [after one second of silence]: Hahahahahahahaha!!

Really, they entertained us all.

No comments: