Monday, March 08, 2004

What a difference a day makes.

Can someone please explain to me the necessity of a "winter weather advisory"?

Be prepared for winterlike conditions, which may include, but are not limited to, freezing temperatures and measurable snowfall. Roads may become icy, and outer extremities may become frostbitten if not properly covered. Put a coat on; you're making us cold.

Oh, wait, I actually do have something of import to blog: Aunt Beth is getting married. April 17th, I think. I'd known this for a month or two when I was talking to my brother online a couple of days ago.

Me: Hey, you know Aunt Beth is getting married, right?
Tuck: WHHHHAAAATTTT?????
Me: Oh. Yeah. She is.
Tuck: To who?
Me: You remember two or three years ago when she came to visit, and that guy was with her, and his two daughters?
Tuck: Wow.

I guess this is another benefit of living at home: I get all the family news pretty much as it happens. I've had to inform Tucker over IM about Dan and La splitting up, and Jonathan leaving Christiane--that sucked. Dag, it's like everyone in our family is getting divorced.

I talked to Beth on the phone a few days ago when she called for Dad and he wasn't home. On the subject of whether I would be attending the wedding or not, she said, "It would be great if you could come, but if you can't, I understand." So that's cool. I've never been out to visit the West Coast contingent of the clan, so I just might go. Dad wants me to find out if I can get round-trip plane tickets for $200 each on Priceline. I don't think it's gonna happen, though maybe $250/ea. before taxes, etc. JetBlue has tickets from between Syracuse and Seattle for $154 each way. I'd be attempting right now to find supercool airfares on Priceline, 'cept I need the full names of all the passengers, and I don't know my grandmother's or my uncle's middle initials.

Holy crap. $2,500 round-trip between Tokyo and Syracuse (departing Tokyo).
Wait... if I set the return date from January 4th to January 5th, then the price drops to $950.
Golly.

No comments: